Sunday, August 2, 2015

Through the Sands of Time


"When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits,  I dreamed

of changing the world.  As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world

would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to

change only my country.

But it, too, seemed immovable.

As I grew into my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt, I settled for

changing only my family, those closest to me, but alas, they would have

none of it.

And now, as I lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realize:  If I had only changed

myself first, then by example I would have changed my family.

From their inspiration and encouragement, I would then have been able to 

better my country, and who knows, I may have even changed the world."

~Written on the tomb of an Anglican Bishop in Westminster Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment