Friday, May 8, 2015

THE INQUIRY

Zodiac signs by Lena Kotilarker


THE INQUIRY

I asked Fear if it knew Love

"That dreadful thing?'  Fear gave a shrug

"I've heard that it is nice and all, But in its

weak hands you'll surely fall."

I asked Anger if it knew Love

"Of course I do!"  Then gave a shove

"No one loves as well as me.  That's what's

wrong with all you see!"

I asked Guilt if it knew Love.

"I've heard that it dwells high above,

in a Crystal Palace filled with light,

unreached by we who weep all night."

Hatred jumped into the fray

"Just shut-up fool and go away!

"You know that Myth does not exist!  So rise

with me and shake your fist!"

I inquired of Wisdom what to do

"Do you know this Motley Crew?"

I cried and said:  "You know I do."

She smiled and whispered:

"They don't know you."

                                                                         everymann


No comments:

Post a Comment