Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Lesson in Stress Management


 

 
A Psychologist walked around a room while teaching Stress Management to an audience.

 As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "Half empty or Half full" question.

 Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired:

 "How heavy is this glass of water?"

 Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

 She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter.

 It depends on how long I hold it.

 If I hold it for a minute,

 it's not a problem.

 If I hold it for an hour,

 I'll have an ache in my arm.

 If I hold it for a day,

 my arm will feel numb and paralyzed.

 In each case,

 the weight of the glass doesn't change,

 But, the longer I hold it,

 the heavier it becomes.

 She continued,

 "The Stresses and Worries in Life , are like that Glass of Water...

 Think about them for a while and nothing happens.

 Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt.

 And if you think about them all day long,

 you will feel paralyzed –

incapable of doing anything....!!!"

 Remember to put the Glass Down
 

No comments:

Post a Comment